Wednesday 10 April 2013

08/04/13 Dark Skies (2013)

"We are a nation of cogs"

Which is a quote that has nothing to do with this film. I had a nap when I got in from work (early shifts starting at 5.30am are still a bastard and I've been doing them for six years) I had a dream during my nap and this line is all I can remember from it. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Anyway... This film is completely unrelated to the enjoyable TV show from a few years ago and it's about a family of pink humanoids who move into a domestibox upon which strange things occur.

At first you think it's gonna be yer standard spooky haunted house number, but it turns out it's a bunch of aliens who seem worryingly focused on abducting children. Basically a bunch of nocturnal space-paedos.

Ignore the hot mum and bring forth the piglet-child? Fucking cosmo-nonce.

The film has flaws, some unintentional hilarity and some plot holes big enough to insert a hippo, but it's also enjoyable and has a couple of effectospook moments.

And also, Thatcher died today, so it hasn't been too bad, all in all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2387433/
6/10



Perkin.




No comments:

Post a Comment