Sunday 19 July 2015

17/07/2015 Shallow Grave (1994)

Another 90s film which hasn't fared so well under the retroscope.  Unlike Scream I was a proper fan of this when it was released but I didn't like it as much this time around.  The plot is still sound but the characters are total wankers even before they started on the morally questionable deeds. It has aged a bit in terms of the fashions and general vibe. I'd never noticed before that Ewan McGregor and Kerry Fox have interchangeable haircuts.

It's held up better than Scream though and Danny Boyle has done some decent films.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111149

6/10

Podd

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, got to disagree there, I still love this. Thing is the trio are meant to be deeply unlikeable wankers right from the off. I think on my first watch that distracted and irked me a little but once I accepted it I grew to love it and still think this is Danny's best

    ReplyDelete